Welcome and look around. We hope to provide more information about the topics being considered in the legislature so you can participate in a meaningful way. Use the Contact Us page to ask us to update you on the status of your most important issue. Join in the conversation and keep it civil. There are two About pages so you can learn more about this blog and about our founding organization, Montana BASE.Follow us
Governor Steve Bullock today highlighted a report released by Moody’s Investors Service which ranked Montana as once again being one of the national leaders in terms of low levels of state debt, coupled with nationwide leading ratios highlighting Montana’s ability to pay its debt.
Specific metrics from the Moody’s report include:
· Ranked 4th best for net tax supported debt per capita at $254; 50 state average is $1,419;
· Ranked 4th best for net tax supported debt as a % of personal income at 0.7%; 50 state average is 3.1%;
· Ranked 3rd best for net tax supported debt at $259,835 (in thousands); 50 state average is $10,191,421 (in thousands); and
· Ranked 4th best for net tax supported debt as a % of state GDP at 0.59%; 50 state average is 2.67%.
- Montana Chamber of Commerce Releases Scorecard Results
- Montana Chamber of Commerce Report Card
- Public Education: Who is it important to?
- Medicaid expansion could save Montana money in first 2 years
- Fire Management in Montana
- 2015 Session in Review
- Accomplishments of the 2015 Session
- The Fix Was In
- Overall Legislature helped rural Montana